Aims and scope
Aims and scope
Biotechnology for Biofuels and Bioproducts is an open access peer-reviewed journal featuring studies describing advancements in fundamental understanding, technological capabilities, and technoeconomic & life cycle assessment of the production of biofuels, biochemicals and biomaterials.
The journal emphasizes understanding and advancing the application of biotechnology, bioengineering, and genetics to improve plant, algae, and other carbonaceous feedstocks, as well as devised conversion systems. Their improvement is of critical relevance to the biological production of biofuels, biochemicals, and biomaterials derived from plant or aquatic biomass, intermediates derived from biomass, or CO2.
Biotechnology for Biofuels and Bioproducts focuses on the following areas:
• Anaerobic digestion of waste
• Bacterial and fungal/yeast genetics, physiology, and metabolic engineering
• Biohydrogen and bioelectricity (fuel cells)
• Biological and chemical upgrading of biomass sugars, lignins and other biomass-derived intermediates
• Biomass pretreatment, fractionation, and extraction
• Bioprocess integration, biohybrid processes and technoeconomic analysis
• Cell free and immobilized enzyme processes
• Development of terrestrial plant and algal feedstocks
• Enzyme engineering, production, and analysis
• Fermentation, biocatalytic conversion, and reaction dynamics
• Life cycle assessment and environmental impact analysis